Need some fun ideas for a Galantine’s Day activity? A girls' night in is the perfect opportunity to unwind, have some fun, and indulge in a bit of pampering. And after all it is Valentine’s Day so let’s show some love and give our lips the attention they deserve. In this DIY adventure, we are going to give you the step-by-step guide to create your own DIY lip scrub, and DIY lip mask. This fun and creative recipe will be the perfect amount of self-indulgence with a mix of Valentine’s Day Flare.
Recipe 1: DIY Vanilla Mint Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Combine the tablespoon of brown sugar with the coconut oil and olive oil in a small bowl or container. This combination of ingredients creates the base for your DIY lip scrub exfoliator.
- Slowly add in your honey to thicken the consistency and create a small tacky paste.
- Add in your vanilla mixed with 2-3 drops of peppermint, depending how strong you want the scent to be.
- Mix thoroughly. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed so that the sugar becomes coated by the oil and the vanilla.
- Take the scrub and put it into a smaller airtight container so it stays as fresh as possible, after all this is your DIY lip scrub masterpiece!
- Application – Apply a small amount of the scrubs to your lips. Coat your lips and massage to shed any dry or dead skin.
- Rinse – Rinse your lips with warm water. You can use a cloth to help take off the remainder of the scrub.
- Moisturize – pair with our LOUMI Lip Lock for a nice restorative and cooling moisture repair or follow along to make your own DIY lip mask.
Recipe 2: DIY Lip Mask
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Water (it is Valentine’s Day)
- In a small bowl mix the honey, and shea butter to make a thick consistency for the base of your DIY lip mask.
- Slowly begin to mix in the almond oil, and the vitamin E oil. This will start to form the creamy paste, and the vitamin E will add restorative properties your lips.
- Add a touch of rose water to add the perfect scent for a Galantine’s Day DIY lip mask.
Tips: Use the DIY lip scrub and DIY lip mask once a week to get your lips as supple as possible. Store it in the refrigerator to prevent spoiling, and use within the next week. Feel free to customize your mask with different essential oils for the scent of your preference.
Don’t forget to have fun with your girls and send out this cute DIY lip mask recipe in next year’s Valentine’s day card!